Ministry of Health
Your district health board (DHB) funds and provides health services in your area. My DHB helps you find these services and tells you how well your DHB is performing.
For general enquiries:
email the Ministry at email@example.com
or phone: 0800 855 066.
Find out about Bay of Plenty DHB – where to find a GP and other health services, how Bay of Plenty is performing against national Health Targets, and more.
Our main role is to create an environment that promotes good and accurate information flows between suppliers and consumers so that consumers can transact with confidence.
We are part of the Economic Development Group within the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
What we do
– Develop consumer policy including consumer protection, product safety and weights and measures
– Provide appropriate, accurate and accessible information, education and advice for consumers and businesses on consumer laws and issues
– Investigate unsafe consumer products
– Provide advice on consumer representation, including a consumer representation nomination service to government departments and agencies
– Administer a range of consumer legislation
– Enforce the Weights and Measures Act 1987.
For general enquiries
p: 04 474 2750 f: 04 473 9400
Te Puni Kokiri
Ko Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) te kaitohutohu matua mō te karauna i runga i ngā kaupapa whanaungatanga i waenga i te Māori me te Karauna. Ka ārahi hoki mātou i te hanga kaupapa here tūmatanui mā te tuku tohutohu ki te Kāwanatanga mō ngā kaupapa here e pā ana ki te oranga tinana Māori me te whanaketanga. Ko te whakamārama mō Te Puni Kōkiri, he puni e kōkiri tahi ana. I runga anō i taua ingoa, ko tā mātou e ngana nei kia whītikihia ngā pūkenga ā-ohu nei o te Māori kia hangaia ai he Aotearoa kaha ake.
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is the Crown’s principal adviser on Crown-Māori relationships. We also guide Māori public policy by advising Government on policy affecting Māori wellbeing and development. Te Puni Kōkiri means a group moving forward together. As the name implies, we seek to harness the collective talents of Māori to produce a stronger New Zealand.
Minsitry of Social Development
Our Ministry is all about helping to build successful individuals, and in turn building strong, healthy families and communities.
It’s a big job – we’re tackling some of the big issues in society, like family violence and youth offending.
We’re working towards this through providing:
– care and protection of vulnerable children and young people
– employment, income support and superannuation services
– funding to community service providers
– social policy and advice to government
– student allowances and loans.
Our work touches the lives of more than one million New Zealanders. In 2010 – 2011 we:
– provided services and assistance to more than 1.1 million New Zealanders and 110,000 New Zealand families.
– took around 255,000 calls – more than 13 million calls a year
– have 44 Child, Youth and Family sites, 15 office sub locations, and 80 Family Homes
– have 570,711 SuperGold Card holders, 1,338 SuperGold Card partners representing 5,625 business outlets
– processed 240,049 Student Loan applications and 143,464 Student Allowance applications.
This is not work we do alone. We work closely with other government agencies, non-government organisations, advisory and industry groups, and communities and iwi. Together we aim to make a positive and lasting difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
p. 04 916 3300 f. 04 918 0099