- This event has passed.
Whānau Tū Whānau Ora
June 10 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This wānanga is postponed due to facilitator unavailabitlity. The next Whānau Tū Whānau Ora is in August.
Ngā Mataapuna Oranga Whānau Tū Whānau Ora training is a Whānau Ora model of practice derived from our experience in Tauranga Moana. It is built around a whānau aspirational framework that will lead to:
1. Strengthened Whānau capabilities;
2. An integrated approach to Whānau wellbeing;
3. Collaborative relationships;
4. Improved cost effectiveness.
As our provider collective transitioned their practice to a Whānau Ora model, they identified the need to develop a model of practice they could teach to their kaimahi. This model would have to be driven by the aspirations needs and realities of whānau as a whole, rather than the interests of an agency.
The Ngā Mataapuna Oranga Whānau Tū Whānau Ora training also affirms previous articulations of a kaupapa Māori approach to health, and now looks to position our workforce to achieve Whānau Ora outcomes. Our pedagogy has been informed by the Dynamics of Whanaungatanga, He Pātaka Uara, Te Puna Hauora PHO’s He Kura Waka and our own Ngā Hoe Arataki.
At the conclusion of this training each participant will:
- have a basic understanding of Kaupapa Māori ideologies and concepts that underpin Whānau Ora.
- Have a basic understanding of unconscious bias and its impact on Māori health outcomes;
- have formulated their own genogram;
There are three tiers of Training Costs. These are:
Tier 1 – NMO Provider Collective $75 per person
Tier 2 – NGOs & Partner Relations $100 per person
Tier 3 – Government Agencies $125 per person
All costs are GST exclusive